LeanLogistics would like to extend a hearty congratulations to Fresh Express for winning “Sustainable Supply Chain of the Year” by Refrigerated & Frozen Foods magazine. Over the past 12 months, Fresh Express has showcased significant supply chain carbon reduction, an optimized supply chain network, enhanced logistics and transportation models as well as increased “green” awareness through internal corporate sustainability programs.
Fresh Express’ Achievements:
- Multi-year collaboration with MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics
- Implemented Green Transportation Initiative, which improved fuel efficiency of ground fleet by 9%
- Partnered with USEPA’s Smart Way shipper program
- Received recognition from the Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority for its recycling program, in which it decreased 958 tons of waste and 22 tons of CO² from 2008-2009
- Awarded the Black Pearl Award for Corporate Excellence in Food Protection and Quality from the International Association for Food Protection