International Transportation: Optimize Cost and Service in a Global Market, an interactive e-book published by Aberdeen Group, highlights how best-in-class companies have controlled costs and improved responsiveness, proving that they can be both cost competitive and resilient even during the severe shifts and disruptions of the current transportation and global trade marketplace.
Average performance values for best-in-class companies show:
- 89% of companies reduced overall transportation spend
- Transportation spending trend improved by 8.71% compared to prior year
- 97.2% rate of on-time and complete shipments
Key takeaways from International Transportation on how companies can create strategic, dynamic and cost-effective transportation processes include:
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to gain visibility and share data on the global inbound and outbound supply chain
- Leverage current and future technologies to automate and streamline transportation and global trade management processes
- Employ near real-time dynamic optimization to enhance cost/service
Gain an in-depth and comprehensive look into process, procedure and technologies with best practices and actionable recommendations by Aberdeen Group.