American Shipper, in partnership with the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA), surveyed leading shippers and third party logistics providers about their global transportation management technology, global footprint, and data quality. This annual study examines how shippers and 3PLs define visibility, the quality of the data that underlies that visibility, and the degree to which their global transportation management platform covers global growth.
Key themes of the Global Transportation Management Benchmark Study include:
- What constitutes visibility in global transportation management
- Whether shippers are seeing ROI from visibility
- The extent to which shippers and 3PLs are working to improve data quality
- The benefits of automating global transportation management functions
- The global nature of shippers’ global transportation platform
Here is a great infographic that shows a snapshot of how industry leaders are defining supply chain visibility and what it means for their business.